Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Terrence Howard will need to find another job


At first I did not believe it, but I have seen it confirmed from 3 sources: Terrence Howard will not be playing James Rhodes/War Machine in Iron Man 2. After I picked myself off the floor, I heard that he was let go because financial negotiations fell through. We know what that means: Howard asked for more money than Marvel and Paramount wanted to pay him. Who can blame him? Iron Man made over $500 million dollars. He may have asked for a salary comparablele to Robert Downey Jr's is what I think. I think he deserves it because James Rhodes is very popular in the comic books and one of my favorite characters whether he is standing on his own or supporting Iron man. Well that's the bad news. The good news is that he is being replaced by a great actor. Don Cheadle, whom I also like to watch. So I think that this may not be a bad thing for the movie after all but I will miss Howard because I was looking forward to seeing him in that role. I'm glad that Don will be filling the role too because had they picked a white actor I would have gone off. cry of "racism" would have been leveled for sure and brought to bear on the studios.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment