Friday, October 10, 2008

I don't even know how to title this one

I just heard that Fox News Ran a news story criticizing Newsweek for running a magazine cover featuring Sarah Palin in close-up without re-touching the photo. There were two female commentators going back and forth about whether or not this was an insult to Palin.



The assertion of it being insult was because you can see all the imperfections of her face. Imperfections that everyone has, but most of time are "photoshopped" out of the picture so that the portrait looks more flawless. At first I thought the accusation was groundless because I doubt that I would have noticed any of those things had I been looking at her in person. That I thought until the point about the headline for the article on the cover was brought up: "She's one of the folks (and that's the problem)."
This close to the election, such a statement is certainly trying to say something unflattering about Palin. And taken with the picture I can see how people could be offended. What do you think?

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment