Monday, February 1, 2010

Comic Books Illustrating History


I came across this article from Comics Alliance and it shows that comics can be educational and historical. I know of George Wallace from American History. There is a comic book that was printed in 1960 that is a propaganda piece for his bid to become governor of Alabama. Yes it's propaganda, but it does show the power of comic books. You can find it at this link.

The article also mention that there was a comic book with the Montgomery Bus Strike lead by Dr Martin Luther King Jr. It references an article that gives more information.. I own this comic somewhere, I remember holding it in my hands. You can read the comic online here.

George Wallace Segregationist Comic from the 1960s
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment