Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Protest the new "Dragonball" Movie


I'm not sure if you have not seen the new Trailer for the Dragonball movie. Unfortunately, because it is not unlike anime series at all, it will suck. History has shown us that any time a book, cartoon, or Anime series is ever adapted into a different medium, if the adaptation does not stay true or respect the source material, the adaption fails. This is why until 1998's Blade comic book movies have generally been failures with few precious exceptions. This is also why you can count the number of successful "campy" adaptions on your fingers. I am personally insulted by this adaption for the Dragonball series. I am insulted because the movie producers show no repect for the fans. Dragonball is a worldwide phenomonon. Their attitude seems to be that fans are so rabid and stupid they can put vomit on the screen, call it "Dragonball", and we will buy into it. Please don't insult our intelligence.

On top of this, I'm almost moved to active protest --picketing 20th Century Fox and local theaters. Almost to the point of going to the theaters just to throw shoes, that I have worn while I walked over Dog dung, at the screen. Fortunately, sanity prevents me from doing the "shoe" thing, on top of that I'm not a Muslim. Instead, I will ask that as many people as possible sign a petition to either forget the movie or the studio does it correctly -- Bring in an all Japaneses cast if you have to.



Look at the following videos to get an understanding of what the uproar is about.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment