Wednesday, December 24, 2008

China Misses Out on "Dark Knight"?


Seen Dark Knight? Well, if you are a Chinese national and you did, then it wasn't legal. I read on the G4 TV blog that one of 2008's greatest films will not be officially released in China. It's being not being officially banned but Warner Brothers has chosen not to officially release it because it will not pass the official pre-conditions that China's communist government's Ministry of Culture have set in place. The article I read did point out that being Chinese probably will not mean people will not see it because China has a booming bootleg industry. No one pirates like those "entreprenuers". I mean they have bootlegs as good as the official versions from what I understand. I love the comment at the end of the article about perhaps how Dark Knight could disturb Chinese cultural sensibilities:

Hmmmm…I wonder if those insane Hong Kong sequences where Batman kidnaps a Chinese executive to get around extradition laws could have anything to do with it? What do you think?
I think that's a logical point. But that's what the film is about. Batman is able to make decisions based on the right thing to do, not just the legal thing to do.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment