Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Trailer for Street Fighter IV


Here is a trailer for one of the characters in Street Fighter IV named Gouken. Gouken is interesting because I have never seen him before in a game. He is huge and he is the one who taught Street Fighter staple characters Ken and Ryu all of their moves. Fighting Gouken will never get old.

Street Fighter II is the seminal video game of my life. Without it,I would not have gotten into video games or engineering. It was the first game of its kind. There had been other head-to-head fighting games but I bet that most people would agree that Street Fighter was the tipping point for that genre of video gaming. Combining large characters, 6 buttons and a control stick, great music and graphics, with interesting characters made the game series a success. This success lead to all the other great fighting game franchises. Thankfully, Capcom followed up Street Fighter II with more games in the series. The lastest is Street Fighter IV and to be honest I'm excited. Makes me wanna run out and buy a PS3 right now (I won't). In terms of a legacy, I think Street Fighter may be one of reasons I am so attracted to MUGEN. Much of MUGEN is based on the look and feel found in Street Fighter II. Well, while I wait for the opportunity to own Street Fighter IV, let-alone play the game, I can enjoy the earlier versions of the game I do own and enjoying MUGEN.


Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment