Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FOX vs Warner Brothers Over "Watchmen"


G4TV has posted more information concerning the Watchmen film's legal problems. As I think I posted last week, a Judge has ruled that Fox should have distribution rights to the film. It's amazing to me that Fox would sue over this at the "11th hour" when the film is practically complete. Fox has filed an injunction to block/delay the movie's March release. I also can't believe that Warner Brothers would not make sure that no one could bring up such a lawsuit against them. I mean after Warner Brothers lost that huge lawsuit concerning the Matrix Trilogy and the Terminator franchise, didn't the learn anything? This is going to be a mess and Warner Brothers is digging in for a fight.

"We respectfully but vigorously disagree with the court's ruling and are exploring all of our appellate options. We continue to believe that Fox's claims have no merit and that we will ultimately prevail, whether at trial or in the Court of Appeals."


I'm hoping that I won't have grandchildren before all this legal mess is cleaned up and we can see this movie.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment