Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spectacular Spider-man Season 1 Review


I have gotten the DVD for Spectacular Spider-man Season 2. I really, really like it. It may be the best animated adaption of Spider-man ever. It's 13 episodes of action, adventure, and awesomeness. I liked how Spider-man's personality and action is depicted. It's really fun. It's kind of like traveling along with him as he swings through the city. I liked the origins given to each of the characters. I also loved the quips and taunts. Very humorous. My 3 year-old daughter loved it too. I think she loves the the theme song the most. The series picks up just 3 months after Peter Parker gets his powers - just when he starts his junior year of High School at age 16. The back stories and certain elements like having Eddie Brock (Venom) having had grown up with Peter follows the storylines from the Ultimate Spider-man comic book series.

The DVD comes with two special features. I loved them too. I like hearing about the creative process and why decisions were made the way they are. They also showed the faces of each voice actor and had them give their take on the series. If you love Spider-man, you will love this series. If you don't, I still think you will like.







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment