Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Judgement on America

I realize that I'm probably going to catch a lot of flack for saying this...of course there is also a chance that no one will read this...but I will say it anyway. I've got to say that in a lot of ways Americans are hurting. I don't know anyone who isn't struggling more financially than they were 8 years ago. Like everyone, I know people who are losing or lost their homes due to foreclosure or a lost of job. What Hillary Clinton said during the Democratic National Convention is true: People are working harder and not gaining ground but loosing it. I don't know why Senator McCain and Governor Palin can't see it. Many of us are living it. A lot of people, even Christians, are unhappy with the way their lives are going and are saying that the economy and the war are more important issues than Same-Sex marriage unions and abortion. They are saying that the economy is more important than protecting marriage and ending abortions. The problem is what does God say is most important. God says that we must purge sin from our lives. We must repent. I hate the high gas prices and the home foreclosures. It makes my life more inconvenient but what is more important...our convenience, standard of living, or obeying God.

I'm sure you have heard of the stock market issues...and large companies going bankrupt. CNN was reporting on Lehmann Brothers' bankruptcy and in the background two men were making out. Think of the picture that shows. We want God to bless us and give us prosperity, yet Howard Stern pulls a prank two have two men kissing and making out on television at the same time we get the news that the economy is sliding further into the toilet. Ironic isn't it? Why would we think that God would bail us out of these problem if we refuse to obey him. Look at the video below to see what I mean.



Here is the antidote. Those who belong to God must pray.

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment