Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Heroes Season 2 - Review


Disclaimer: I'm going to write as if the reader knows exactly what I am talking about. If you have questions please ask in the comments and please watch the shows themselves.

Well, I finally finished re-watching the Heroes Season 2 DVDs. I am still blown away. I really like the entire series. I am also amazed that people have expressed disappointment concerning plot threads I actually liked. I thought the Feudal Japan subplot was great. First, Hiro is one of my favorite characters in the series and I think that what should be further explored is whether or not Hiro changed history and then put it back on course, or did he just fulfill it. I mean when he got to 1671 Kensei (Adam Monroe) was a helpless drunk with no idea of his true potential. It was Hiro who saved Japan and actually did most of the exploits Kensei was remembered for. Also had Hiro, not gone back and affected the man who would become Adam Monroe, would he have founded the company and brought the previous generation of characters together? I don't think so. Therefore it was necessary for Hiro to go back there 400 years earlier.

I also like the New Orleans storyline because I like Micah's cousin Monica. Her power to mimic exactly any physical movement or skill she sees is an awesome power with lots of potential. I don't know why people don't like her. I hear that in season 3 she is going to be written out of the show. What a waste.

I like story arcs for Matt Parkman too. His powers are growing and he's struggling to come to grips with them. I also like the Petreli brothers, Nathan and Peter. They didn't see much of each other during season 2 but when they did meet up it was a big deal. There are some serious questions about them that I hope they answer in season 3. What power do their parents have and how far have they manipulated their lives. These brothers really love each other. They are far from Cain and Able. They are more like the Hardy boys, except they can fly and have many more powers. I'm wondering what powers do Nathan's boys have and when did Angela Petreli know her sons have powers. She said she knew before they did. Lots of questions. I'm really looking forward to season 3.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment