Sunday, May 17, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen



By now everyone knows that the Transformers are some of my favorite fictional characters. I liked the movie from 2007 a lot but I was there in the beginning. I played with the toys as a child and watched the cartoon and read the books. I studied their characters and I admit that back then I never thought that a "live-action" movie would ever be possible. My only complaint about the 2007 movie was that there wasn't enough deep characterizations for the Transformers themselves. Focus seemed to have been placed on the human characters. As a hard-core fan I would have appreciated more depth given to the Transformers. However, I got to admit that perhaps the mainstream audience would not be able identify with the robots. To be bankable, the movie had to appeal to more than just fans. Hopefully we'll see more of the Transformers themselves in the sequel because that is why I wanna go see it. All I can say is if the kill Optimus Prime I will protest.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment