Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Priest Scandal

I read an article talking about a famous Roman Catholic priest caught fondling and caressing a woman on a Miami priest. Father Alberto CutiƩ was caught with a woman with both in bathing suit. Catholic priests take a vow of celibacy and so people are up in arms about his "inappropriate" behavior. This is why I don't think that the catholic priesthood is a good idea. If a man can't keep his hands off of a woman, he should marry her. If a woman wants a man she should marry him. Being alone does not make one closer to God.


Embedded video from CNN Video



Father CutiƩ did release the following statement:
"Before God -- full of love and mercy -- I ask for the forgiveness of those who may be hurt or saddened by my actions. Since I entered the seminary at the age of 18, the priesthood has brought me great joy. The commitment that I made to serve God will remain intact. I am grateful for the love and support I have received today from so many in our community, especially my parishioners and the supporters of the radio stations who have demonstrated great compassion and understanding toward me as a human being. I ask for your continued prayers and support."

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment