Friday, May 1, 2009

Condoleeza Rice Sets the Record Straight

Towards the end of the Bush Administration I had not heard much from Condolezza Rice in general or about the allegations of torture in particular. Yesterday a student, named Reyna Garcia, uploaded a video of YouTube she recorded of Condolezza Rice making an appearance as a guest speaker at Stanford. She answers a question posed by another student challenging the Bush Adminstration concerning torture. Here is the video.






Ms Reyna Garcia was also interviewed concerning the video. Here is what she had to say.





I think Rice took the question very personally. As if the student cursed her to her face. "Defensive" is an understatement. I can see why the Bush Administration seemed to keep her underwraps to keep her from being labeled as an "angry black woman". I'm not sure if I agree with her conclusions. I mean it seemed like to me what she said was "Well that depends on what torture means. No law or treaty was broken." She was not willing to call "water-boarding" torture, but I would. I think more human, but just as effective would be making them watching bad television and movies. Something like the the live-action Street Fighter films.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment