Saturday, June 27, 2009

Movie Review: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen


Well, I finally saw Transformers 2 and I really, really enjoyed it! It was fun, non-stop action. It had more of Optimus Prime and Megatron than the first one and I was pleased. If you have not seen it, I'd suggest you see it as soon as possible...especially if you can see it in IMAX. I've read the negative criticisms and I've got to ask did these yahoos see the same movie I saw? The only thing I did not like I would have liked to see more backstory and characterization on some of the new Autobots and Decepticons. For example there were 2 female autobots who transformed into motorcycles. We were not formerly introduced to them but they looked really cool in their action sequences. I don't want to give away the movie but there was a Decepticon Pretender (yes, think of the toy line from the late 80's) but we are given no explanation for her either. I also have to admit there were somethings in the story that I did not get. I'm not sure if it's because I missed it or if there were plot holes. None of this distracted from my enjoying the movie. I did not go see it, expecting to see something that everyone would think is Oscar-winning. I went because I wanted to see giant robots kicking the tar out of each other in ways I've never seen before. Michael Bay and company more than delivered. Revenge of the Fallen is definitely better than the first movie and I didn't think that was possible. I look forward to the next one!


The other thing that I want to mention is that some people thought the twin Autobots, Mudflap and Skids, were stereotypical and racist. I disagree. I was not offended at all. I thought that they were funny. I enjoyed all the characters. They weren't just comedy relief but they were really good fighters. I would have liked to have seen more interaction among the Autobots with each other and Decepticons among themselves.

I would have liked to see more of the character Sideswipe. He was really, really cool!

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

2 comments:

ghettoManga said...

good review Marcus. unfortunately, i still haven't seen it. i hope to catch it soon though!

mmcelhaney said...

I think you will like it!

Post a Comment