Monday, June 1, 2009

"V" is back!!!


Ok, I'm betraying my age here but I remember watching and enjoying "V" on NBC when I was a kid. I just read an article from G4TV that announces that ABC will be resurrecting the series 26 years after it originally aired. The show was ground breaking for many reasons:

1. I had never before seen giant city-sized space craft over all the major cities of the world.
2. The show played around with the question of whether or not the aliens had the right to use us as fodder because of their technological superiority.
3. Race issues came up - especially when a human woman gave birth to twins! One was female with a lizard tongue but looked human otherwise and the other baby was male and he looked reptilian like their father.
4. Let's face it: it paved the way for much science fiction after it.

The article I read pointed out some differences between the new show and the old classic one. I think a major one is that the new protagonist will be a woman. I don't think that would have flown in 1983 like it does now. Well, I'm gonna give it a shot and watch it when it is released. I'm curious.


ABC has released some short videos concerning the new series.




Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment