Friday, August 29, 2008

Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor


Last night Mitsouky and I saw the new Mummy movie. It was good but not awesome. I thought that it very predictable. I liked the special effects but if they were not done by Industrial Light and Magic. The effects appeared kind of "cartoony" and nothing that I had not seen before. I liked Jet Li, but then I always like Jet Li. He seemed kind of "toned" down. It felt like he could have done more impressive fight scenes but due to the limitations of his role he didn't. I have seen his martial arts skills in other movies and they are way more impressive. Kind of like when Bruce Lee was on the Green Hornet television show. The best parts about the movie was trying to incorporate similar stories from the history of China and the family dynamic of Rick and Evie and their now-adult son. Luke Ford was a great as Alex O'Connell. I liked his character a lot. He was so much like his parents it caused friction in their relationship and made the obvious ending reconciliation of father and son really good. I also liked how Rick and Evie's marriage was shown to be strong and how they relied on one another. The characters all grew including Evie's brother. The story takes place soon after WWII ends and its hinted at that they were spies and adventurers for the Allies during the war. I think a series, animated or live-action, covering those adventures would be great!

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment