Monday, August 18, 2008

Black Comic Book Creator - Reginald Hudlin

If you are like me than you may not have been familiar with who Reginald Hudlin is but you are familiar with his work. He has been in the entertainment industry for years Since 1990 - writing, directing, producing, and sometimes simultaneously. He was named President of Entertainment for BET in June of 2005 and since then BET has actually had programming that I want to watch! I think he has a lot to do with that. I found out this information because I came across an announcement that BET will be airing and producing an animated series based on the Marvel character and comic book The Black Panther. Needless to say I was excited and have written a few posts about the Black Panther on the blog. I have unfortunately been unable read many comic books in the past few years so I was amazed that Hudlin is also writing the comic book. He's a busy guy to be juggling all those projects at once. However the fact that he writes the monthly book also gives me hope that the animated series is in good hands. I just hope that it is on the same level as the other great animated projects that have been on the air since 1992. I founds an interview he did on the internet that is quite good called "Who Is Reginald Hudlin?" He talk about doing feature films and writing Black Panther and Spider-man. I've missed most of this work but I plan to try to catch up. Here is a video interview from Comic Con.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment