Friday, May 28, 2010

Gene Luen Yang to Boycott 'The Last Airbender' Movie Over 'Yellowface' - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

Comics Alliance has posted a great article. An Asian American named Gene Luen Yang has pointed out something that I missed.  Anyone who has seen  the animated series on which The Last Airbender is based knows that the characters are not Caucasian....they are Asian. Then why are the characters being played by white actors? I don't blame Yang for being angry.  I wouldn't like it if Blade was played by a white guy. Why should Ang? Unfortunately Hollywood really does think that Asian actors can't carry a movie like this and make money. I don't believe that for a minute. I'm going to have to give some serious thought to if I should join Yang's boycott. It's a slap in the face to the original source material and I'm shocked that I missed it. I see why. I was dazzled by the trailer.





Gene Luen Yang to Boycott 'The Last Airbender' Movie Over 'Yellowface' - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews































Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment