Monday, March 2, 2009

Wondercon 2009 part 1


I was blessed to attend Wondercon in San Francisco. I had a great a great time! It was really well-organized as fun. I wanted to write a post on this blog and on my main blog. I've decided that the decision about what to post here and what will be placed on the main blog will be defined here. On this blog post I want to focus on some of the more general type information.

Wondercon has now hit the tipping point where it is not possible to see everything worth seeing in one day! This is the first year that I have gone and been bummed that I missed Friday. There are now so many trailers and shows and presentation that for the first time things that I wanted to see were happening simultaneously. And the exhibition floor where dealers sell everything and I mean everything imaginable dealing with comics, toys, movies, television, and video games. More dealers were there than ever before it my opinion.

Another fun thing about the convention was that many attendees came in costume - men and women. There was the annual costume contest Saturday night. I did not go but you can see many of the costumes on YouTube and Flickr.

There were a lot of celebrities this year, like Mark Hamil (Luke Skywalker), JJ Abrams, and the entire cast of the new Star Trek movie. Unfortunately, I did not get to see any of them because I was caught up in the Exhibition Hall. Once Again YouTube to the rescue!

The whole cast of Watchmen was there!


The whole cast of the new Star Trek Film!


Electronic Arts was there in a big way. Their booth had their own laptops, a couch, and large screen television!They let you play games for free. Capcom was also there. They were selling all of their games and they had several kiosks for playing Street Fighter IV for free. There was even a tournament. It was great! They also let people play Bionic Commando and Resident Evil 5 for free and they haven't been released yet. RE5 is supposed to be released this Friday from what I gather. When I get my Playstation 3 Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, and Bionic Commando are on my playlist.

Here are some more videos of the event posted on YouTube.



You can read part 2 of this post at my other blog Favorite Fiction

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment