Monday, January 12, 2009

Heath Ledger Won A Golden Globe!


I just heard that Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor for his role as The Joker in 2008's The Dark Knight. I am a life-long comic book fan and I think that movie stands as one of the best comic book adaptions ever! One of the things that made it standout was Ledger's role. His death was very tragic, not just for his family but for the whole acting profession. He was good in every role he played. I can't think of one in which he stunk. I liked his work very much and he will be missed. All that said, I don't think that Ledger would have gotten this Golden Globe if:

a. Had he not died.
b. The Dark Knight had not grossed almost $1 Billion.

Keep in mind that once the movie is re-released this quarter to remind the ones voting for whom the 2009 Oscars will go to...the movie will gross over $1 Billion all together. (I will go see it in IMAX, I think others will too especially if you didn't see it in IMAX). Warner Brothers is going to be pushing this. The perception of comic books have changed. Now when the mover and shakers look at them...they see dollar signs not dead weight. Heath Ledger helped change that.

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment