Friday, February 11, 2011

Static Gets Ongoing Series by Felicia Henderson, Scott McDaniel - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

I just heard that Static is part of the Teen Titans but he will soon be getting his own solo book. My response: It's about frackin' Time!!!! Them writer will be Felicia Henderson, I haven't heard of her really, but considering that she has been a writer/producer on many of my favorite television shows and movies! I think she will do a great job on the book. She'll be leaving Teen Titans to write Static. I also think she understands Static as a character. She's quoted as saying:

I always had my fingers crossed about Static getting his own book, again. In fact, I stalked Dan DiDio about the idea. I'm also a big Dwayne McDuffie fan, and if I could choose my real life little brother, he'd be Static! I love his relationship with his family, particularly with his sister. It feels very grounded and real to me. I love how much he cares about Dakota and that he's a typical guy in a lot of ways. And nothing's more fun to write than raging hormones, a dedication to doing the right thing for the right reasons, all while still trying to figure out who you are and what you really want.


Even better she is a black woman with great experience in the sci-fi, fantasy, and action/adventure genres. I'll be watching out of this.

Static Gets Ongoing Series by Felicia Henderson, Scott McDaniel - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews
Enhanced by Zemanta

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment