Monday, October 18, 2010

Disney Takes 'Iron Man' and 'The Avengers' Movie Away from Paramount - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

I must say that I appreciate Comics Alliance a great deal. In this article they discuss what I really want to know how does Disney taking the rights to distribute Avengers and Iron Man 3 away from paramount really mean, and uh...how did Disney pull that off considering that Paramount had the rights? Answer: Disney paid $115 million! Pocket change for Disney, yet quite a bit money for anyone else. I saw Marvel.com's article about the deal...it was very Politically correct - given that Disney owns Marvel Comics - but the Comics Alliance piece did ask the question I wanted to know: "Does it make sense for Disney to go after distribution rights for X-Men and Spider-man? The article suggests probably not, but I hope they do because I would love to see a movie with Spider-man, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men in a single movie someday - even if it was animated. Maybe something like the "Civil War" storyline.
Disney Takes 'Iron Man' and 'The Avengers' Movie Away from Paramount - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

Iron Man 3 Soars Into Theaters May 3, 2013

Enhanced by Zemanta

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment