Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Joss Whedon Reacts to Terrible 'Buffy' Remake News - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

Buffy the Vampire Slayer annual 2004 coverImage by Scorpions and Centaurs via Flickr
Joss Whedon at the premiere of Serenity (film)Image via WikipediaYesterday, I've heard that Warner Brothers has decided to make a new Buffy: The Vampire Slayer movie. The bad news? No Joss Whedon or any of the idea or concepts he brought to the Movie, television series, or comic books. Without him creating, directing, or producing the franchise would not have worked! I mean the movie was a dud at time. The studio did not know what it had. I bet it is gonna be like Blade...just wait and see. Which means it won't work for Buffy. I liked the way Whedon summed up his comment:


I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER. I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly.


I'm not sure if I'd be able to be that classy. I'll lend my audible sigh to his. And I think David Boreanaz's (who starred in Buffy and it's spinoff Ange1) tweeted picture sums up my feeling exacty!





Joss Whedon Reacts to Terrible 'Buffy' Remake News - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews
Enhanced by Zemanta

Return to Main page.

View blog reactions

0 comments:

Post a Comment